During his 20 years at RCLCO, Len has directed hundreds of consulting engagements, including work on such notable projects as Downtown Silver Spring, Reston Town Center, and National Harbor, as well as numerous residential, retail, office, hotel, and mixed-use and master-planned community developments throughout the United States.
Prior to joining RCLCO, Leonard was Senior Vice President and Director of the Washington office of the Real Estate Research Corporation (RERC). Before joining RERC, he served as Director of Housing and Neighborhood Development for the Metropolitan Area Planning Council in Boston; Senior Staff Associate for the Connecticut Conference of Municipalities; and Development Consultant for a firm in New Haven, Connecticut.
Len graduated from Harvard University and received a Masters in City Planning from the University of Pennsylvania. He has spoken for organizations such as the Urban Land Institute, the National Association of Senior Living Industries, and the Northern Virginia Building Industries Association. He has also written articles published in The Journal of Real Estate Development, Mortgage Banker, Corridor Real Estate Journal, Industrial Development, Tax Credit Advisor, The Washington Post, Real Estate Finance Journal, Urban Land, and The Washington Business Journal.
Areas of Specialization
- Residential developments of all types, including:
- Large-scale, mixed-use projects and master-planned communities
- Neotraditional communities
- Multifamily rental apartment complexes and condominiums
- Independent-living and assisted-living facilities
- Attached and detached single-family homes
- Metropolitan development trends
- Retail, office, and industrial projects
- Fiscal and economic impact analysis
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- Member of ULI Washington’s Housing Initiative Council
- Member of ULI Washington’s Regionalism Council
- Past Member of ULI Washington’s District Council Executive Committee
- Past Member ULI Washington’s Senior Housing Council