CALL FOR PAPERS: THE RCLCO FOUNDATION 50TH ANNIVERSARY PAPER PRIZE
By Adam Ducker
CALL FOR PAPERS:
THE RCLCO FOUNDATION 50TH ANNIVERSARY PAPER PRIZE
The RCLCO Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, is pleased to announce a Call for Papers for its first whitepaper competition. In celebration of RCLCO’s 50th anniversary year, the Paper Prize is a thought leadership competition that draws entries from all segments of the housing innovation community, with a goal of making a meaningful difference in the policy and practice of affordable housing provision.
The RCLCO Foundation 50th Anniversary Paper Prize will honor scholarly work that drives innovation in approach to financing or incentivizing the creation of affordable housing in America.
The paper that demonstrates the most innovative thinking regarding strategies that support the creation of affordable housing in America, as deemed by the Foundation’s judges (comprised of both internal and external thought leaders), will receive a prize of $5000 and promotional publication through RCLCO’s website and digital distribution, including The Advisory newsletter.
- The competition is open to current academics, independent scholars, graduate students, economists, policy experts, or practioners in the field
- New (unpublished) or recently published research (within the past 3 years) will be accepted
- The selected winner will retain academic republication rights if so desired
- Applicants interested in the paper prize are invited to submit a one-page prospectus or summary by November 1, 2017
- Send all questions and submissions to Ann Geary at email@example.com
- Include full contact information and a short bio in your prospectus submission
- A list of finalists will then be selected, who will be asked to prepare a short (roughly 2,000 word) summary of the research or thesis
- Finalist submissions will be due January 30, 2018, with the winner to be announced in March 2018