Business Planning & Strategy for Double Bottom-Line Investing
- Multifamily Owner/Operator
- Competitive Landscape Analysis
- Trends Research
- Business Modeling and Financial Analysis
A well-established multifamily owner and operator approached RCLCO in the early stages of consideration of a supplementary business line for the company. Responding to input from employees and shareholders, the client’s management was exploring opportunities to create a social impact investment vehicle that would follow a double bottom-line strategy of investing in real estate projects with both economic and social impact rationales. Working closely with senior management and the client’s strategy team, RCLCO provided business planning services and evaluated the viability of funding an economically viable social impact strategy.
Key questions RCLCO addressed included:
- Competitive Landscape: RCLCO evaluated firms in the social impact sector pursuing similar investment strategies, their funding sources, and investment approach.
- Business Modeling and Financial Analysis: As the firm gained clarity on the parameters of the investment strategy, RCLCO prepared initial business planning materials that included financial projections for target investments and financial implications of creating a social impact investing platform as a whole.