Executive Search for Real Estate Companies
The RCLCO Difference
Executive Search leverages RCLCO’s Management Consulting practice to offer clients holistic insights and assessments into placing key leadership roles. Our goal is to strengthen organizations and optimize their output, all from the perspective of human capital.
Our executive search and recruiting team, led by Managing Director Ellen Klasson, offers:
Direct Industry Experience. Having worked in real estate roles directly, we have the context and the ability to deeply understand the client’s business, organization, and culture. This background enables a more analytical approach to assessing a candidate’s viability for any given role.
A Consultative, Problem-Solving Approach. Our team takes the time at the start of a search to immerse ourselves in your business, understanding your goals, challenges, team makeup, and culture. We tailor a job description and our candidate outreach to most effectively identify leaders who can take you where you want to go as an organization.
Transparency and Candor. We choose honesty and direct communication when interacting with our clients and candidates. There are no “information voids” in a search with us.
Passion and Commitment. We will serve as your trusted advisors, scouring the market for candidates who not just fit a skillset but also a culture. Developing close relationships with you and the candidate pool while learning more about your business and its impacts in the process drives us to find a successful match.
Focus Areas of Search
RCLCO represents real estate clients across all sectors of the industry, and understand the nuances of our diverse clients.
At RCLCO, helping to diversify leadership in our industry is a core value of ours. In a search, we will work to ensure all candidate pools include diverse individuals.
- We represent many types of clients, including: Family-Owned Businesses, REITs, Privately-Owned Companies, Non-Profits, and Government Agencies.
- We work across all sectors of the industry, including: Multifamily, Retail, Office, and Industrial
- We specialize in placing people in leadership roles, including: The C-Suite, Department Heads, and Regional Heads
- We fill roles with real-estate focused responsibilities, such as: Development, Asset/Portfolio Management, Finance, Property Management, Acquisitions, and Investments
The Executive Search Process
RCLCO facilitates and executes an analytical, four-stage process.
- Search Strategy – RCLCO will work with you to understand the context of the position and culture of the organization.
- Outreach, Interviewing, and Presenting – We will perform targeted outreach, hold weekly progress updates, and interview candidate pools.
- Client Interviews – We will coordinate client interviews with a select pool of candidates, providing detailed profiles and custom interview formats.
- References, Negotiations, and Offer Acceptance – RCLCO will perform detailed references on finalist candidate(s) and assist with the offer process and its negotiations.
Case Study: Chief Executive Officer
With its CEO of 20 years retiring, the family-owned company ...With its CEO of 20 years retiring, the family-owned company needed a new leader who would fit in with its values-based approach to...Read full case study
Case Study: Executive Recruiting for a Senior Vice President...Case Study: Executive Recruiting for a Senior Vice President of Residential Product Innovation
In an effort to make districts in Silicon Valley highly inno...In an effort to make districts in Silicon Valley highly innovative, we recruited a senior team member to lead product innovation a...Read full case study
Case Study: Executive Recruiting for a President of Property...Case Study: Executive Recruiting for a President of Property Management
We were tasked with hiring a President at a rapidly growing,...We were tasked with hiring a President at a rapidly growing, national owner of affordable housing to run a new property management...Read full case study