The RCLCO Foundation
The RCLCO Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, was formed in 2006 as a means to positively influence the availability and development of affordable housing.
Funding to the RCLCO Foundation is provided by RCLCO, which annually contributes a share of its profits, along with contributions and grants provided by RCLCO team members, alumni, clients, and other organizations who are interested in advancing the cause of affordable housing.
Foundation Advisory Board members include: Gadi Kaufmann, Adam Ducker, Andrew Janko, Kelly Mangold, Michelle Clark, Cecilia Galliani, and Karl Pischke.
The Foundation is committed to making a meaningful difference in the practice and policy of affordable housing, by encouraging and facilitating the development of balanced communities.
- Innovative Ideas – Funding thought leadership in affordable housing
- Local Funding – Targeting organizations that create affordable housing in communities where RCLCO has offices
- Leading by Example – Matching RCLCO team members’ contributions to fundraising or other activities that impact affordable housing
The 50th Anniversary Paper Prize
In celebration of RCLCO’s 50th anniversary year in 2017, the Foundation hosted a thought leadership competition that drew entries from all segments of the housing innovation community, with a goal of making a meaningful difference in the policy and practice of affordable housing provision.
We aimed to honor scholarly work that drove innovation in approach to financing or incentivizing the creation of affordable housing in America. The winning paper was Maximizing Public Sector Air Rights as an Affordable Housing Solution, by C. Kat Grimsley, PhD.
Previous Grant Awardees
- Arlington Partnership for Affordable Housing
- Behrend Builders
- Bridges to Independence
- Community Corp. of Santa Monica
- Habitat for Humanity International
- Partners in Health
- Rebuilding Together
- Reynoldstown Revitalization Corp.
- Stand Up for Kids
- Thrive DC
- The Atlanta Neighborhood Dev. Partnership
- The Southern California Association of Non-Profit Housing
- ULI Foundation