In 1967, Bob Lesser, then an architect and developer, was asked to evaluate the potential uses for the center of the new town of Thousand Oaks, California. In carrying out this assignment, he found that the creativity and financial imagination required for the study were extremely stimulating—so much so that he started Robert Charles Lesser & Co. (now RCLCO).
Today, our team of experienced professionals still share that original enthusiasm and eagerness to solve challenging real estate questions while adding value to our clients’ real estate endeavors. We are proud to be the “first call” for real estate developers, investors, the public sector, and non-real estate organizations seeking strategic and tactical advice regarding property investment, planning, and development.
RCLCO leverages quantitative analytics and a strategic planning framework to provide end-to-end business planning and implementation solutions at an entity, portfolio, or project level. With the insights and experience gained over 50 years and thousands of projects – touching over $5B of real estate activity each year – RCLCO brings success to all product types across the United States and around the world.
Our Core Values
We are dedicated to adding value to our clients.
We strive to achieve excellence and innovation in everything that we do.
We aim to enjoy our work and the people with whom we work.
We seek opportunities to promote greater economic, social, and environmental sustainability.
RCLCO is comprised of five focused Advisory Groups. Through this internal organization, we
assure every project is led by a team with the specific expertise for your needs.
Our groups are comprised of:
RCLCO is able to consistently deliver leading-edge solutions by bringing together highly talented people in a creative and collaborative environment. The diverse experiences and knowledge bases of our team allow us to partner with clients to answer key questions and solve complex issues, with strategic guidance that is market driven, analytically based, and financially sound.
- Gadi Kaufmann Managing Director, CEO
- Vahe Avagyan Vice President
- Diana M. Black Director of Marketing
- Joshua A. Boren Managing Director, Strategic Initiatives
- Debashis Chanda Principal
- Ben Chernus Vice President
- Adam Ducker Senior Managing Director, Director of Urban Real Estate & Public Strategies
- Jessica Diorio Vice President, Asset Management
- Jomar Ereso Managing Director
- Cecilia Galliani Vice President
- Bob Gardner Managing Director
- Swagata Ghosh Vice President – BI Operations
- Charles Hewlett Managing Director, Director of Strategic Planning & Litigation Support
- Lauren Hinson Vice President, Operations
- Andrew Janko Managing Director
- Jonathan Kaufman Vice President
- Todd LaRue Managing Director
- Eddie Lin Principal
- Gregg Logan Managing Director, Director of Community & Resort
- William Maher Director of Strategy and Research
- Taylor Mammen Senior Managing Director, Director of Institutional Advisory Services
- Kelly Mangold Vice President
- Ben Maslan, CFA Managing Director
- Brandon Miller Vice President
- Cameron Pawelek Vice President
- Karl Pischke Vice President
- Rick Pollack Managing Director
- Allan Popper Director of Property Operations
- Scott Price Managing Director
- Jake Ross Vice President
- Jay Song Vice President
- Simon Soomekh Principal, Director of Investments
- Erin Talkington Managing Director, Director of Consulting
- Cyndi Thomas Managing Director
- Derek Wyatt Managing Director
We Work With
- Developers / Homebuilders
- Institutional Investors
- The Public Sector
- Industry Partners
- Non-Real Estate Companies
- Law Firms
Changing Lives Through Initiatives That Provide Affordable Homes
The RCLCO Foundation was formed in 2006 as a means to positively influence the availability and development of affordable housing. Funding to the RCLCO Foundation is provided by RCLCO, which annually contributes a share of its profits, along with contributions and grants provided by RCLCO team members, alumni, clients, and other organizations who are interested in advancing the cause of affordable housing.
The Foundation is committed to making a meaningful difference in the practice and policy of affordable housing, by encouraging and facilitating the development of balanced communities.
Funding organizations that create affordable housing in communities where RCLCO has offices
Funding thought leadership in affordable housing
Matching RCLCO team members’ contributions to fundraising or other activities that impact affordable housing
For additional information about the RCLCO Foundation, please contact
Adam Ducker, Managing Director, at email@example.com.