Case Study: Strategic Planning Services & Asset Management Standardization
- Private Family-Owned Real Estate Holding Company
- Organization Rationalization
- Deployment Strategy
- Capital Formation Strategy
- Asset Management Implementation
RCLCO was retained to conduct corporate strategic planning for a private family-owned real estate holding company that had recently undergone significant leadership transition. The strategy planning process identified a path forward for monetizing neglected assets, focusing the company’s investment activities and accessing the capital markets to support the firm’s ambitious growth plans. As part of this exercise, RCLCO conducted the following key analytical steps:
- Capital Formation Strategy – Starting with a base of family equity, the company was interested in accessing third party equity capital to support a broader expansion strategy. RCLCO worked with the organization’s leadership to evaluate the company’s performance track record and identify equity partners that would align with their goals.
- Asset Management Implementation – In RCLCO’s strategy evaluation, the company’s lack of a standardized asset management function was identified as a key impediment to growth and attracting equity partners. With the firm’s senior leadership, RCLCO leveraged its extensive asset management experience to develop standardized processes and procedures for regularly evaluating and monitoring the company’s portfolio.